to Other Sites
Specialty Home Health Care was opened in 1999 by Jeff and
Sarah Claycomb. Sarah is a RN with a Bachelors degree in nursing from
University of Southern Indiana. She graduated from Deaconess School of
Nursing in 1979. Sarah has worked in both local hospitals, for two home
care companies, and as a public health nurse. She has held management positions
in the hospital and in home health prior to opening Specialty. Started in their
home, Specialty has grown to a mid-size home health agency with their office now
located on Kimber Lane in Evansville, IN.
Company accomplishments include:
- Listed 2007 - 2010 as a Home Health Elite agency and in
the Top 500 agencies in the US is 2008 and 2010.
- First to have a comprehensive Cardiac Program which
includes EKG's in the home and use of a portable PT/INR machine.
- First to develop a residential care program at a local
retirement apartment complex.
- Outstanding therapy program using a variety of modalities in the
- Very low staff turnover rate.
- First to have a certified coder and OASIS certified
specialist on staff.
- Only agency in Southern Indiana to be asked to
participate in the Medicare ReACH Project- to reduce patient hospitalizations.
- A leader in the Care Transitions project, promoting
best practices in transitioning patients between settings.
- First to do Foot Care clinics in Evansville.
Our Company Values:
the unchanging beliefs we hold and
honest, ethical, professional,
accountable, treats others with dignity, respectful, loyal
expectations, friendly, flexible, adaptable, committed, compassionate,
forward thinking, seeks
knowledge, self-motivated, positive 'nothing is impossible' attitude, thinks out
of the box
follow thru, commitment to
the team, communication with the team, respect, dedication to positive outcomes
our reason for being in
make a positive impact in the health and lives of the people we serve.