Specialty Home Health Care was opened in 1999 by Jeff and Sarah Claycomb. Sarah is a RN with a Bachelors degree in nursing from University of Southern Indiana. She graduated from Deaconess School of Nursing in 1979. Sarah has worked in both local hospitals, for two home care companies, and as a public health nurse. She has held management positions in the hospital and in home health prior to opening Specialty. Started in 1999, Specialty has grown to a mid-size home health agency with their office now located at 331 Kimber Lane in Evansville, IN.
Company accomplishments include:
- Listed 2007 – 2016 as a Home Health Elite agency and in the Top 500 agencies in the US in 2008 and 2010-2012.
- In 2013, ranked in Top 100 in the nation (out of 9969 agencies) by an independent analysis from National Research and Decision Health. Also ranked #1 agency in Indiana.
- First to have Physical Therapists certified in using Interactive Metronome therapy in the home.
- First to have a Speech Therapist certified in providing VitalStim swallowing therapy in the home.
- First to have a comprehensive Cardiac Program which includes EKG’s in the home, use of a portable PT/INR machine, and telehealth kits.
- First to develop a residential care program at a local retirement apartment complex.
- First to have a Certified Home Health Coder and OASIS certified specialist on staff.
- Only agency in Southern Indiana to be invited to participate in the Medicare ReACH Collaborative Project- to reduce patient hospitalizations.
- A leader in the Evansville Care Transitions project, promoting best practices in transitioning patients between settings.
- Very low staff turnover rate.
Our Company Values
Honest, ethical, professional, accountable, treats others with dignity, respectful, loyal
Exceeds customer expectations, friendly, flexible, adaptable, committed, compassionate, dependable
Forward thinking, seeks knowledge, self-motivated, positive ‘nothing is impossible’ attitude, thinks out of the box
Follow thru, commitment to the team, communication with the team, respect, dedication to positive outcomes
To make a positive impact in the health and lives of the people we serve.